Monday, March 7, 2011

Motivated By the Sun

I did my jog today. Then I planted my seeds... this is very exciting to me, not just because of the beginning of gardening, but because I used a new method. In an online group I belong to, someone mentioned using flour & water to glue seeds to a paper towel, and then planting the paper towel. This was like a revelation to me. I use a modified square foot gardening method, so this sounded like a wonderful idea. So, today I planted onions, carrots, and parsley. *Fingers crossed* I still have some digging to do, and I've got to figure out how I'm going to support my peas.
I also thinned out my Japanese maple. Poor thing... it was dragging on the ground and full of dead wood. I hope it's happy when it leafs out... the airflow into the tree should be better, at least.

No comments: