Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Turkey Day!

Also known as, I'm Not Cooking Day!
I'll be at my in-laws, my only culinary responsibility is a salad.

My folks had their 31st wedding anniversary yesterday (go mom & dad!) but had to work, so they are celebrating today.

Here's something from the Sneaky Mom department:

Looks like regular mac & cheese, right? Well, it *is* Annie's... with a secret ingredient: beans! One can of white kidney beans (it was the only white beans I had) and the cheese sauce packet in the blender. I had to add a little water to make it move while blending. A little unsalted butter and garlic salt improved the flavor and reduced the 'beanyness'. Both kids ate it without complaint. I think the flavor could be further improved with the addition of a little extra cheese.

And, a little inside joke at my daughter's expense:



I loved these as a kid... I'm so glad they are still in print!!

No comments: