Friday, November 13, 2009

The Best Services You Didn't Know You Needed

Delivered Dish. I love this service. I could totally drive to the restaurant, yes, but why hassle?? I mean, if the main point is to not cook, why bother going to the restaurant and having to deal with two unpredictable children? I only do this for the three of us, a few times a month. The fact that I don't order beverages, and am only ordering for one adult and two kids helps offset the giant delivery fee. Plus, tonight we had Marie Callender's, delivered by a cute Scotsman. Bonus! :-D

Alice. Because, why suffer getting TP at Costco, when you can get it IN THE MAIL?! I can even set reminders, so it will tell me to order more BEFORE I get up at 3 AM on a Sunday to pee and discover that there's no TP...
I can't even tell you how much fun it was to tell my husband we were getting TP in the mail... :-D


On an unrelated note...
This round of illness that has been ping-ponging around our household has shown me how woefully unprepared I was when it came to my herbal medicine cabinet. So, I have taken steps to remedy this by sending a significant sum of money to Mountain Rose Herbs. On my own, I will need to start some garlic oil. It just seemed silly to buy that when I can most certainly make it myself. I will also make some St. Johns Wort oil and some Mullein oil.

I FINALLY GOT MY THIEVES. Hooray! It smells wonderful, and I am wearing some today. It's very spicy. I'm going to dilute some to put on the kids feet tonight before they go to bed. So they can tell their friends next week about how weird I am...
I am feeling better today. Last night I decocted some diced ginger, a garlic clove, and a really tiny onion (golf ball size). I used the liquid to make a cup of Echinacea tea with half a lemon and a *really* big spoonful of honey. Tasty, it was not. All supposed to be good for a cold though. Plus, I GOT THIEVES. My in-laws offered to take the kids overnight last night and bring them back in time for school this morning. So, I had my un-tasty tea, watched 'Torchwood', took my NyQuil, and went to bed on time. And no little person at 2 am 'Mo-om, I can't sleeeep', because he was doing it to my in-laws instead! Dude, I slept a whole night, wow! Well, except the honking snore of my spouse...

No comments: