Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday

It's mom's night out tonight... even if no one else shows up, I will happily sit by myself at Imbrie Hall, eat cheesecake and drink coffee.

It was just Keelan and I for most of the day today... Husband and Coralie were helping a friend move. We ran a couple of errands, to Ross for a tablecloth and impulse-buy gnome, and to Powell's for some kid's books. We bought Goldilocks and the Three Bears and a new Russell the Sheep book. The Goldilocks book is very, very cool. Thinking about going back to get The Princess and the Pea.
We watched part of a nature video on the computer, since the tv was tied up recording two of Husband's shows. We were watching a segment on the Achidna, which Keelan insisted on calling a Porcupine. They were showing the Achidna eating some ants, and he said 'I bet the ants are annoyed that the Porcupine is eating them...' Indeed!

Husband is taking the kids to see 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' this evening.

Made a batch of green tomato enchilada sauce. Actually bothered to strain this batch since it's made with tomatoes and I have A Thing about tomato seeds... Dried a bunch of ears of corn, still working on getting the kernels off the dried ears.

Feeling really tired today... Aunt Flo, daughter got me up at 7:30 am after I'd stayed up too late, and I forgot to take all of my supplements this morning...

And, another Keelan-ism:
We have a plastic cup with pictures of ocean life on it.
'Mom, I want the sea cup! Give me the sea cup!'
Try saying it out loud... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear how your kids like CWACOM. Glad you had time to yourself/other adults last night.