Thursday, September 17, 2009

How You Like Them Melons...

Well, there it is. My one and only melon from the garden this year.
I had to pick it because when I went out to check on it, I saw that it was turning yellow. Well, when I turned it to look at the back, it had a hole in it! So, I was all, 'Hell no, you're not getting this one too!' So I went ahead and picked it. It was just a little under-ripe, but not flavorless. So, now I can stop stressing about the state of the plant, and move on to stressing about something else instead. :-D

On a related note, we got a super sweet and delicious Tuscan Cantaloupe from our CSA. Man it was good. I had an 'A-ha!' moment and saved half of the seeds. Washed them and dried them in the oven for a couple of hours. The farmer's wife said that this variety grows well in our climate. So, with any luck maybe we'll have some next year in our own yard.

No comments: