Saturday, March 7, 2009

Food, Glorious Food

I ate today. Carefully, but I ate. No comment from the stomach, yay.
The doctor said today that things still don't sound normal in there, but that it's better than it was on Wednesday. Wednesday he said it was tooooo quiet in there, not normal. I learned a bit about my digestive system today... probably more than I really needed to know, but it was interesting to know why certain things happen the way they do. The doctor still doesn't really know why any of this happened, now that we've ruled out the obvious (appendix, gallbladder). It has gone on too long to be viral. There's a possibility, although very small, that I ruptured an ovarian cyst and the resulting fluid irritated the hell out of my upper abdomen. This could only have happened, though, if it tracked up to my stomach area while I was laying down or something. Still, the proximity to the time in my cycle when the hormones start shifting is intriguing and possibly not a coincidence.
We also talked about Norovirus, because my husband works at a hospital and they do get occasional outbreaks there, but since no one else in my family has it, it's probably not that. Although, I learned that Norovirus imparts no immunity if you get it, so you can get it over and over. That's why it spreads the way it does.

I watched 'The Condemned' this evening, while hubby was out with friends watching 'Watchmen' (who's watching the Watchmen? He is) at the IMAX. I have to say, after a slow start it wasn't too bad, as those things go. I was surprised that Steve Austin really wasn't a godawful actor... I mean, it's not high drama or anything LOL. It is what it is, and you just can't over analyze those kind of movies.

No comments: