Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Want Food

Well, I must be feeling better... I actually showered today.
I have been on a clear liquid diet for a couple of days... I am going back to the Dr. tomorrow and hopefully will get the ok to eat regular food. The doc says I have gastritis, which is just a fancy way of saying 'your digestive system has gone haywire and we don't know why'. The positive side is that all my blood work was normal, so it's not my gallbladder or appendix, yay.
I want to eat so bad... my husband says this is good because it means I'm getting better. As opposed to the other day when he asked me if I wanted some broth and I was all, 'NO'.
The worst of this was the day when both me and my daughter (one gastritis and one too-much-fruit-itis) were making frequent trips to the loo and the other bathroom still wasn't done... so there was only one toilet. What a bummer. (In more ways than one) Coralie went through all of her clean pants in that afternoon, and there's nothing like having to do that kind of laundry when you really want to be horizontal on the couch.
I must admit, I cheated a little today and ate some noodles at dinner and some Cheez-Its before bed... but I think it's going to be a long long time before I drink another bottle of Gatorade.

No comments: