Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ugh

Well, I decided to jump in with both feet today, and put my son in underwear. For which I was fairly promptly rewarded with 'I peed on the floor!' Fortunately, it was the kitchen. Still, my increasing desire to be free of diapers and my nervousness about getting him ready for school have overtaken me. Verizon is coming next Monday to install FiOS at our house (yaaaay!) and will be here most of the day, so I figured, regardless of what happens between now and then, I will be stuck home most of the day Monday and will be able to focus more on having less puddles.

So, we're upgrading to FiOS... because I moved my desktop to a different room and discovered that the jack in that room will not work for DSL. I spent about 30 minutes getting bounced around to different departments (and at least two different countries) at Verizon trying to get a live body to schedule a technician. I finally ended up with a regular customer service rep, who pointed out that while they would be happy to send someone out (to the tune of $85), they could upgrade all of my services (TV/phone/internet) to fiber optic and there wouldn't be any charge for the install or the modem. By that time, my head was ready to explode from being ping-ponged around for a half hour, so I said 'YES PLEASE'. We were considering doing it anyway, because we could bundle all of our communications services into one bill, and we'd save a bit each month. Turns out, we're going to be a bit of a pain in the ass for them (*and* they're running the wires on Friday the 13th, so there you go) because of the location of the main line that they have to tap into and run up to the house. Looks like they're going to have to burrow under the driveway and pull up some bricks on the side of the house, because the line is in front of our left hand neighbor, and the existing phone box is on the right side of our house. All this, because I wanted to relocate a PC, LOL...

No comments: