Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy-ness

My son will turn three next Monday. I am beginning the preparations for his birthday BBQ on Sunday. I was supposed to go to the grocery store today, but because of some other things that are going on, I couldn't go in the morning. I really hate grocery shopping with the kids. So, I decided to shop online instead, and my groceries will arrive tomorrow afternoon. Stress and impulse-buy free! I will have a larger than usual dairy order tomorrow, because I'm ordering extra cheese and organic ice cream for the party. So in the end, there were only a couple of things I didn't get online that I'll have to go to the store for, so not too bad.

Wednesday is a busy day... cleaning lady is coming, groceries are coming, the milk man is coming, kids have a play date, I have to go to the gym at 6 am...

My husband's grandma is dying. As my father-in-law put it, 'she's got the death rattle'. He said she's not really responsive at all now. They expect she may pass in the next couple of days. Grandpa is having a hard time coping. In fact, my father-in-law said that's what he's most worried about. Grandma is already gone, for the most part, it's just her body that's lingering, but grandpa is struggling with it. It's not unexpected but still very sad. We are close to them. They just had their 68th wedding anniversary a week ago.

Kids spent a lot of time in the little inflatable pool today... in fact, I went in it with them after dinner. The water had been in there all day, so it was warm from the sun and very nice to lay in. Despite the grass and other mystery bits floating in it.

I started reading 'The Omnivore's Dilemma'... I wish I could read more of it faster, but you know, with the kids around it is almost impossible to read more than 5 words at a time. Still, I'm reading the section about corn, which is both fascinating and terrifying. And sad, what has become of the farmer in this day and age, and that so many farmers cannot even make ends meet without government assistance despite the massive amounts of crop that they churn out.

I've been coveting facial products on Bliss Spa's web site. Although not insanely expensive (not their own brand stuff, anyway) I still don't really need it and don't have the extra fundage to buy it anyway. Besides, I just spent $100 on Lia Sophia jewelery via my cleaning lady. Gotta support the small-business people, right? ;-)

No comments: