Thursday, September 6, 2007

Countown!

THE MUSE CONCERT IS IN 4 DAYS.

I just realized that I've really been off the wagon regarding my blog... mostly it's because I have been having to get up at the ass-crack of dawn to either go to work or go to the gym, which means going to bed at 9 pm. Now that school is starting up again, I won't have to do that every day anymore.

I informed my boss today that I was probably going to have to quit. I haven't written anything up yet, because she wants to talk to her boss and see if he has any ideas that might keep me around. I just told her that it will probably have to be something in another department, because it just isn't fair to my current coworkers to say 'well, I can only work on certain days of the week... and it won't always be the *same* days'. It's hard enough on them that I only work half days Monday-Friday. They really need a full time person. So, we'll see what they say, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be stay-at-home-mom-time again for me.
Complicating matters is that the loss of income will exacerbate our current lack of fundage. We've never gone in the hole, but I did call my husband at work yesterday and say 'uh, don't buy anything for a couple of days'. Poor guy nearly had a heart attack... we had nearly every bill we could possibly owe due at once (mortgage, car payment, homeowners, AAA renewal, all the utilities, credit cards, dental bill, home equity line...). Fortunately, one or two extra shifts a month for him will more than make up for what I make now. It doesn't help that The Husband is a terrible impulse shopper... not for expensive things, but it sure adds up. It had been suggested to me that I should make *him* pay the bills, because it might help him realize just how much he spends, but I pay most of the bills online and he's technologically challenged when it comes to the computer. I'm pretty sure I'd have to hover over him the whole time anyway, so I guess the fact that it's easier for me to do it is my cop-out.
On a related note, here it is September already, and the hospital hasn't even told The Husband yet what his new schedule is going to be... usually they have schedules completed well over a month in advance, but they are really out of whack right now. He's supposed to start 10/8... so hopefully they'll have it done more than two days in advance.

Well, I'm off to bed so I can get up at 5 am and go to the GYM. Yay. zzz...

No comments: