Thursday, August 9, 2007

Random Bits

Coralie spent the entire day with her grandparents today, fishing at a friend's Trout pond. She caught two fish and had a fantastic time. I'm so glad that she has these opportunities, because I didn't. My maternal grandparents both died when I was very young, and my paternal grandparents have always lived out of state. Even though my parents were (are LOL) hippies, they weren't the outdoorsy types, so I only got to go camping once a year with the daycare that I attended. I have fond memories of that camp...

I'm finally getting back on track with my meal planning... I was really burned out on it for awhile, but it's actually less work to plan and shop for meals for the whole week. Plus I tend to spend less money. I bought the book Saving Dinner and I've been following that. I used to be a member of her site, but it's easier for me to rearrange meals with the book, if there's something I don't like, whereas with the Menu Mailer you just get your meals for the week and I wasn't very good about saving them for reference. Although, I think you can get past menus through the site, it's more convenient having them all in a book. The bummer is that with the book, you don't have all the other options, such as crockpot, freezer, frugal, low carb etc. that you have with the email menus. So far, everything I've made has been good (to me anyway, the kids won't eat most of it LOL). I have to give credit to Coralie, for at least *trying* the cabbage rolls, even though she didn't like them. :-)

We saw 'The Bourne Ultimatum'... WOW!!! More love (LUST) for Matt Damon, let me tell you... it was fantastic. I also recently rented 'Saw 3'... ehh, it was okay. Twisty but unsatisfying ending.

I recently bought the new Interpol album, 'Our love to admire', and I'm really enjoying it. So many albums are such a disappointment these days, but this one is really good. Anymore, I usually just buy songs from iTunes and make mix CD's, because buying complete albums can be such a waste when there's only two good songs. At least with iTunes, for the price of a new CD I can get *all* good songs.
AND.... I HAVE MY MUSE TICKETS!! It's been a long time since I've been so excited about a concert... only one more month to go! I hope they don't suck live... :-/


We now have an enormous (but as of yet unpainted) shed in our backyard. Now, we'll see how many months it takes for The Husband to actually *move* stuff into it. It has been the Neverending Shed Project, with about 40 trips to the home improvement store (because MEN DON'T MAKE LISTS) for things not included in the kit, numerous cuts, and smashed thumbs. Now it looks like we have a mother-in-law suite in our backyard.

Well, that's all the random bits for now, I have to get up at 5 am to go do my penance at the gym.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

I so want to see 'The Bourne Ultimatum. I just need to find the time to get to the movies. Dominic my son is in football and Michael my husband coaches so our social life only exist on the football field these days. Hopefully I'll be able to get there before it goes to DVD.