Thursday, June 14, 2007

Progress...


The floor tile is done (still pretty dirty) and the first coat of wall paint is on. Tomorrow the work on the new countertop begins... that big roll in the corner is the laminate for the counter. Kitchen Guy (as Coralie calls him) hit his first snag today, when he discovered that we have weird-ass hinges on our cabinets. He said they might be impossible to find now, but he would check a couple of places. I did some looking myself, and I even looked on the internet but no-go. If it's not on the internet, it must not exist LOL! The crappy part is (more for him than me LOL) is that it will probably mean that he has to patch *all* the cabinets and *all* the cabinet doors before he can install a new hinge. :-(

I bought a new sunshade from overstock.com... it's wonderful, and it really is at least a few degrees cooler under it.

As you can see, I don't have it pulled tight, but I didn't get the attaching points quite right. The Husband will help me move one of the corners this weekend to fix that... at any rate, even if it's a little saggy, it does what I need it to. I also remembered, in hindsight, that bugs are attracted to yellow... oops. :-)

Lastly, The Husband was cleaning some things out on the side of the house, and discovered that we still had an unused bag of wood shavings from when we had a hamster (several years ago!). Because the Common Sense Area of his brain is missing or non-functional, he decided to dump the whole bag in the back of the yard...

I discovered at bath time that Keelan's diaper was *full* of wood shavings... that must have been itchy! Who needs toys, when you have WOOD SHAVINGS!

No comments: