Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Should I Just Start Freaking Out Now??

Thanksgiving is in a week...

In just a few weeks it will be time to get out the Advent calendar.

We are collecting money/items at work to put together baskets of kitchen items for a battered women's shelter for the holidays.

I'm waiting for the info on our 'adopt-a-family' from the local teen parents program. While I have a lot of the usual negative stereotypical opinions regarding teen pregnancy, I also believe that once the deed is done, it's done. There is no need for the family to suffer over a mistake that can't be reversed. I feel that often these young families really get the short end of the stick... and at least the ones in the program are *trying* to get some help. We did this last year, and it made me feel good that a family got *something*. It was sad... she asked for things like kids shampoo, and a raincoat because she had to ride the city bus to school. She had a 1 and a 2 year old, and she was 19.

I am pretty sure that in light of the things that have been happening, (brakes, leaky windows) everyone is going to get crochet tea cozies for Christmas LOL.

No comments: