Monday, May 22, 2006

Cinderella

Coralie and I shared some diet popcorn (gah, there are two words that should never be in the same sentence) and watched Cinderella... I'm so excited that she's old enough now to get some enjoyment out of these kind of movies. I enjoy all kinds of animation and they all have their place, but there's just nothing like the *old* Disney movies. New Disney movies, ehh, but I love that old style stuff. To me anyway, it's beautiful. I think I'll get Lady and the Tramp next...

On a related side note, I saw in the credits someone with the unfortunate last name of 'Peed'... heehee...

Over the weekend I finished 'Promise Me' by Harlan Coben, and 'The 5th Horseman' by James Patterson. Anything by Harlan Coben is good... 'The 5th Horseman' was good, but there were too many separate things going on, so there were a number of things that were not explained. Loose ends like that bug me. Looks like the next one on the stack is 'The Two Minute Rule' by Robert Crais.

There's a story in the news about a lady who stabbed her 1 1/2 year old son to death... now she's blaming craziness (of course). I keep thinking about it and it's giving me the creeps. That's the thing about being a mom, these kind of things really, really bother me. Sometimes I can't sleep because I keep thinking about it... it's precisely why I don't watch the news on TV and I *try* to be careful about what news I read on the internet but you can't avoid everything. For these people, I hope there is a hell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to school with a guy named Chris Peed and he was the biggest jerk and was a constant thorn in my side. I think, looking back, it was a way for him to avoid being beat up for having that last name. lol

You should see our mounting child DVD collections. Between the old disney movies and the Pixar ones, we're set for awhile. Natalie, though, has taken to an obsession with these Barbie movies. They're "okay", but kind of creepy looking with their animation.