Monday, March 27, 2006

Here Comes the Sun

It was a lovely day today, so I took the kiddies to the park and library. It was the first real, pleasant outing where (I'm pretty sure) no one was contagious.

Keelan was motoring around like a madman today. Good grief, it was all I could do to get dinner cooked, having to check on him every minute. He's teething (again) so he's chewing on everything (that makes 7 teeth now). I caught him trying to bite the corner of the curio cabinet today. I hope he sleeps well tonight... it's the first night in almost a week that I haven't used the vapor plug or any meds on him at bedtime. Fingers crossed that he doesn't snot up in the middle of the night.

Coralie's swim class ended today... on the back of her certificate of completion is a checklist of the things that they learned. According to hers, she only learned how to climb out of the pool LOL. So I re-enrolled her for the next session. She'll have a female teacher this time, so we'll see if that makes a difference. I think if this session goes like the last one, I'll just drop the issue until she's a little older and/or less negative.

I really have to get off my fanny now that the weather is starting to get better. I'm seeing some changes since I've been going to the gym (muscles! As in, I actually have some!), but some things (belly roll!) won't change unless I get me some cardio! Once I'm done with the organizer, I can then use my Wednesday to go veg on the stationary bike. It's too hard to get a good cardio workout outside the gym with any consistency. Walking with a 3 year old doesn't get me much exercise LOL. The trainer mentioned that I could run up and down my stairs at home as an alternative, but that's even more boring than the stationary bike.
I try to make reasonable food choices, but usually fail miserably. It's still a work in progress.

No comments: