Friday, December 30, 2011

Life and its Unfortunate Turns...

Sometimes things seem to be going the way they should be: I am on the healing path after my mother's passing, I am cultivating a very special relationship with a new friend, I have reconnected with my spouse, my old routines are finally falling back into place (yes, I'm talking about you, laundry...), I am gladly returning to old interests (reading, art, friends) and pursuing a new one (flute). Then, apparently, The Universe decides to plant a new obstacle in the road. I just found out that my uncle has ALS. It's like the world has gone a little bit sideways...
It's really and truly horrible that:
1. Both my dad *and* his sister have been/will be robbed of their mates prematurely.
2. A man who has endured some terrible, horrible things (abuse, Vietnam, family troubles) and managed to emerge on the other side will be taken by a disease that will wreck his body but not his mind.

I mean, really, W...T...F...

No comments: