Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well, That Was Not Fun

I took Coralie to the Dr. today... she had a really hard fall about ten days ago. She complained of some wrist and hand pain that seemed to subside after about 20 minutes. Then, a few days ago she started mentioning that her right arm hurt. I must admit, I didn't put much thought to it, because... well, this is the same child who said her eye pain was cured after eating a slice of ham, so... anyway, yesterday she said the pain was interfering with fun things at school. So I figured, well, I better call the Dr. The Dr.'s office said there was a 'possibility she has a fracture', so she should be seen. Of course, that just triggers the mother of all anxieties... I mean, what if she's been walking around with a broken arm for ten days??! What kind of mother am I?? Anyhoo, we go to the Dr., get an x-ray, he says it's probably a sprain but their radiologist will double check the x-ray to make sure. And he says to Coralie, 'If it hurts, DON'T DO IT'. Hee... so, she will have to refrain from rolling down the hill on the playground at school for the next week. :-)

We took The Boy to school, then came back to wait for the housekeeper. I started feeling funny after she had been here for awhile. Fortunately, she was done with the upstairs by the time I had to run in there to THROW UP. I'm not sure if this is related to my anxiety about Coralie's arm or not. Certainly wrecked my day though... after that happened, I only had about 20 minutes before we had to go pick up The Boy from school. So, suffice to say, I was not myself... and I was praying not to barf in the car during the drive.

ALSO. I threw my neck out (again!). Now I really need to call the chiro...

Kids had lots of TV and instant mac & cheese for dinner. I had a piece of cheese and five crackers for dinner. Now I'm going to try a soft boiled egg.

Whee.

At least, tomorrow, TGIF!!

No comments: