Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ok, Now...

Alright... Sunday night, The Husband was cleaning out the inside of the dryer (which was packed full of lint) and broke the casing that the lint filter slides into. He glued it. Without checking to see if the glue was heat-safe. *sigh* After getting no response from Loc-Tite, he was able to remove the broken piece of plastic with the glue on it. I thought, 'Well, yay, at least I can use the dryer now'.

Except...

Now the dryer has no heat....

And I have a load of wet kitchen towels and not enough places to hang them all...

I give up. I'm going to bed, before something *really* bad happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least 1 week a year, I have to take laundry to the laundromat because the pipes to our laundry room freeze when the temps get down to the teens and stay there.

I find this both a nuisance and a convenience. A nuisance because I don't really want to leave the house to do it; and convenience because I can do multiple loads at once. The whole batch is done in a couple hours.

The cost of doing a load of washing at the 'mat has gotten so high, though, it's daunting. $3-$4.50 depending on size of machine. When I was single, doing about 3 loads a week, wash+dry would be about $5/load. $60/mo to wash clothes. Moly!

mp