Monday, January 25, 2010

Jelly Jelly Jelly

I made 4 half pints of jelly today, with apple peels and elderberries from my freezer. The flavor was actually quite flat, but was much improved with a bit of lemon juice and sugar.
In rummaging through my freezer, I realized I have quite a bit of fruit still... will have to do something with it between now and summer, to make room for the next round.

I haven't assembled my pressure canner yet... seemed silly to do if I wasn't ready to use it. I'm hoping on my husband's next day off I can get cranking on my winter squash.

Now, I'm tired... didn't feel like cooking so the kids had leftover mac & cheese, and I had tuna salad with mixed greens on a tortilla.

I've got my lodging reservations made for May, when hubby will do the Reach the Beach ride. The kids and I will chill out in Pacific City while my husband takes the hard route in. :-) I actually rented a (very small) house in the RV park where we usually get a cabin. It's going to be sweet... I don't have to lug any camping gear, private bathroom (so much better for that 2 am pee...), kitchen, and we'll still be right across from the beach. I still have to rent an SUV though, because we'll have to pack the hubster's bike back.

Hey, it's time for the kids to get ready for bed, yay!

1 comment:

Pam said...

You've inspired me to try!