Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fail

Today's culinary flop is:
Macaroons.

I was short an egg, but made them anyway... I ended up with a lot of crunchy, buttered coconut flakes instead of cookies. The ones that stayed together disintegrate when you bite into them. It would be good on ice cream, if I had any...

On a more positive note, I have conquered the Pot Roast! I have petrified many roasts in my time, but I followed The Pioneer Woman's recipe, and it delivered. I even made mashed potatoes, even though my kids don't like them. Keelan refused dinner altogether, opting instead for an apple. I'll have to try to get a snack into him before bed, or he'll be haunting me in the middle of the night.

Tomorrow is the kids' last day of school before Winter break. So, they will be terrorizing me daily for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I don't cook red meat here (bacon doesn't count, and I don't care if D cooks red meat on the BBQ), D and I have been having an ongoing discussion about cooking a pot roast over at his mother's house and then packaging it up into meal-sized portions for him and E. I will tell him about the Pioneer Lady recipe since I have this book, too.

Hope today is fun for all. Maybe you'll get a nap in this morning?