Saturday, August 1, 2009

Life Marches On...

Been pretty good about taking all my meds... feeling pretty good.

New batch of carrots has sprouted. I hope I have better luck with these. Still feeling sad about having to throw out all those bitter ones. Melons are about the size of baseballs now. Lots of littler ones on the vines also. One of my rosemary cuttings rooted, so I planted it. Still waiting on the other one.

Daughter had a level 2 meltdown because my husband told her that she couldn't go with him to the airport to pick up his brother tonight because it would be too late. At least it didn't get physical, as it sometimes does. (That would be a level 4 :-)) After she left the room, I mentioned to The Husband that it would be ok for her to go with him, if she can stay up late enough. (He keeps her out late for movies, what's the difference???) So he agreed that if she can stay awake until it's time to go, she can go with him. Humorously, she started the tantrum in the car when hubby was driving home from picking the kids up from his parents... my son got out of the car holding his hat over one ear, and his stuffed goldfish over the other. Can't blame him. I don't like the sound of it either.

Bought new CD's today- new Depeche Mode, MGMT, and Cage the Elephant.

Got caught up on all the 'Warehouse 13' episodes, watched another 'Torchwood' disc.

Now, I am going to go eat a sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D would be excited to hear of your success with melons. We're having more success this year than last, but he realized this week that the watering system was clogged so -- in this intense heat -- half of the garden wasn't getting watered properly. Also, we suck at growing carrots so far.