Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stuff

Well, my mystery digestive ailment seems to have finally left me... the GI diagnosed me with 'post-viral irritable bowel syndrome'. A fancy way of saying that I got a virus and it irritated my digestive system.
I had actually been feeling great for a number of days, being back on all my vitamins and meds, until yesterday when I got a sore throat while at the science museum with my daughter. I am feeling just a little 'off' today, but hopefully it doesn't progress.

We're still struggling with Keelan's ongoing cold symptoms, but we're now onto the assumption that it's some kind of allergy. Soooo... the Naturopath wants us to take him off dairy. I must confess, we are not doing a very good job so far... I've got him almost totally off of cow's milk and yogurt, but how do you tell a little boy he can't have mac & cheese anymore??? That is just plain wrong. So, it's a work in progress. He seems to be feeling ok, but we're going through a LOT of tissues. Job security for the folks at Kleenex.

In the same vein, we bought an air cleaner with the hope that it will help Keelan (and everyone, really) by clearing all the dust and pet dander out of the air. I was really excited about that, and also that I can put essential oils in it and stop using aerosol air freshener. Unfortunately, I chose a lovely relaxing blend of Lavender and Patchouli... and then I made meatballs for dinner. So, the house smelled like meatballs and Lavender. Not good. Will have to bear that in mind for the future.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting tomorrow... time for some zzz's...

No comments: