Monday, February 9, 2009

Sleep is For Sissies!

I attended my first craft circle meeting last night with a mom's group I joined... I probably would have been more involved if I didn't feel like I was having an all-day out of body experience. I did remember, at least, to medicate before I went to bed last night. Which would have resulted in some totally sweet slumber if not for:

1. A daughter who has nightmares.
2. Son with croupy-but-not-croup cough, barking like a seal in the middle of the night.

Coralie came in sometime around 3 am, very upset about a bad dream. So I let her lay down at the foot of our bed (I know better than to let her lay between hubby and I, because then no one sleeps). Then, sometime later I hear the sudden BARK BARK BARK of Keelan. I got up and went to his room, only to discover that hubby forgot to turn on the vapor plug, and he didn't salt the water in the humidifier so it wasn't humidifying. So, I remedied those things and gave him a half dose of cough medicine, since it takes awhile for the humidifier to get going. By then, it was 4:30 am, exactly one hour before I was supposed to get up to go to the gym. When I went back to my room, I noticed that my daughter had conveniently spread out in my spot on the bed. So, I took my pillow and a blanket and slept in Coralie's room, but not before texting my trainer to say that I was not going to work out today. (guilt.guilt.guilt.)

So, the result is that I am dragging so bad my butt is leaving drag marks on the ground. Zzz...

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

Girl, I am so feeling your pain. I hope the kiddos get better soon. And boo for night terrors!