Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hello Sun!

It was a lovely sunny day today. Freezing-ass cold, but sunny! I'll take it! The kids got to spend some time outside today, which is always good. I probably should have made more of an effort to get out today, besides 'hey, you kids, go outside!' but I didn't. Hopefully tomorrow. :-)

Keelan fell down the stairs after dinner today. It seems to happen to him more often than anyone else, maybe because he just isn't as cautious as the rest of us. Anyway, he was pretty close to the top of the stairs, because I actually heard the thumping and realized what was happening before he even got to the bottom. Poor guy, scared the hell out of him, although he wouldn't admit it. He seems ok, except for a little rug rash on the side of his face. :-/

My neighborhood Jehovah's Witness who comes by each week to discuss the Bible with me (despite the fact that I am not a JW) had asked me last week to read the Sermon on the Mount, which I did. It was quite a good read, actually. As I was reading the section on man not being able to have two masters 'Man cannot slave for God and for riches' I inexplicably thought of the Osteens... perhaps Joel Osteen ought to revisit that passage... ;-) And don't even get me started on that wife of his... I can't pinpoint it, but there's just something not quite right about them. Clearly, a lot of people do not agree with that assessment... at any rate, these discussions are very important to me for figuring out what my religious path really is.

I haven't had enough water today, so I am really feeling tired. I had better get chugging!

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

I definitely agree with your perceptions of the Osteen duo. That's so nice that you complied with the JW's. I always try to visit with them a little too. Just because my husband did the Mormon missionary thing, and told me way too many stories about discouraging days of doors being slammed. Has no one listened to Aretha's R-E-S-P-E-C-T???