Saturday, November 3, 2007

Don't Want Any More Bad News

I found out today that my friend's boyfriend (the one who accidentally shot himself) dumped her. Via email. I had an idea that there was something wrong with the way he was treating her after he got out of the hospital. I believe she had some inkling that something was up, but I don't think she expected to get kicked to the curb either. She thought maybe the odd behavior was just some weird way of coping with his accident. I think she'll be okay, but it's a crappy deal. She was really emotionally invested in this one...

My husband has started his new rotating schedule, so he's working this weekend. It's very odd not having him here on the weekend, and also it has kind of made me forget what day of the week it is. We'll all adjust, I suppose.

With Carmen's passing and my friend's recent trials and tribulations, I've been feeling pretty blah. My eating hasn't been great, and I know I'm not drinking enough water. I've got to get back on track before Thanksgiving, when The Real Test of my food sobriety begins. So far, I'm doing okay with candy in the house from Halloween, so maybe there's hope for me yet. Now, if I could just stop craving carbs all the time...

No comments: