Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Here I Am

I've been very remiss in my posting here... I keep telling myself to do it and then I get sidetracked.
Coralie has preschool day camp this week, which is nice for The Husband, since she's out of his hair for a few hours each day. Although, there's still The Little Dude, who takes a lot of supervision.

We had some friends invite themselves over on Sunday, so that was about as close to 'entertaining' as we usually get. The yellowjackets were really bad, because we have (well, had...) a nest in the ground next to our driveway. (As if a bumblebee nest in the back wasn't enough)
Every year someone from one of the local pest control companies goes door to door in the summer looking to get people signed up for periodic treatments. Usually I say no, but this is the first year that we have used the backyard a *lot* and the bugs are bad this year... so I went ahead and signed up. The price was reasonable. The guy came out today and sprayed about 10 various chemicals around our house (yay), including the bee's nests. So this afternoon, I sat outside on the deck and watched the kids play, and only saw *two* yellowjackets and one bumblebee. Too bad I didn't have it done last week, *before* we had company. We'll see how it holds up, but I'm looking forward to a less buggy summer.

For my husband's birthday, my in-laws bought him a new storage shed for the backyard. Per usual, my father-in-law tried to get one on the cheap, so it wasn't at all what he intended to get. I told them, though, that as long as it has a roof and a door and holds stuff, who cares. Anyway, they've been working on it this week, as it is a build-it-your-damn-self kit from the lumberyard. Even if it turns out to be a cube with a door, it's twice as big as the Rubbermaid shed that we had, so all the stuff that wouldn't fit in the other one should fit in there nicely. And it will have a door that actually *closes*, unlike the doors on the Rubbermaid, which just fall off. At any rate, the backyard is a dump and there's a miter saw in my living room... so I hope it comes together soon.

We saw 'Transformers' about a week ago (by far the most fun I've had at a movie in a very long time) and 'Harry Potter' last weekend. Some mental midget thought it was a grand idea to bring her 5 year old to see 'Harry Potter'. And he sat right next to me. Anyone who has had a 5 year old can probably imagine how that went. In the seat. Out of the seat. On mom's lap. Off mom's lap. Mommy what is that? Mommy it's loud. Bouncing on the seat. Where's popcorn? Mommy mommy mommy... *sigh* that is why I don't take *my* kids to movies. Plus, hello, 'Harry Potter'- not really geared at the preschool set. It wasn't as bad as a wailing infant, which is what my luck usually brings, so I was at least thankful for that.

I went on a mini-shopping spree at cafepress.com and purchased a White & Nerdy t-shirt for my husband, this mousepad for myself, this t-shirt, and this t-shirt for Keelan. Oh, and a coffee cup. I could have bought a hell of a lot more, but was able to contain myself (a bit). Too much good stuff.

Well, that's all for now, I have to go to the gym at 6 am, so time to catch some zzz's.

No comments: