Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Sappy

For some reason, Keelan woke up after an hour of sleep this evening, screaming. As per usual, I let it go at first and finished getting Coralie in bed. He was still inconsolable, and starting to gag himself with the screaming... for some reason, today, I couldn't ignore him. I don't know why, but I felt extra sad that he was upset. So I went in and got him and his blanket out of the crib and sat in the chair. For the first time in a long time, he cuddled up to his blanket, settled down and dozed off in my arms. This is something he just doesn't do anymore...he usually doesn't want a lot of cuddling and fussing at bedtime, he just wants his blanket and his water and he goes to sleep. Today, though, he needed me for some unknown reason, and I was glad. I miss being able to cuddle him at night, and hold him while he sleeps. It was really, really hard for me to put him back in that crib. I could have sat there for a long time...

Aunt Flo must be coming, I was feeling abnormally weepy today... :-/

No comments: