Monday, April 10, 2006

There Goes My Parent of the Year Award

As if last night wasn't enough of a rockin' good time, this afternoon I closed the van door on Keelan's feet. You might be wondering how the hell I managed to do that... well, I had him in the front carrier, and I was closing the sliding door on the van, not realizing that he had stuck his legs out and they were in the path of the door. Thank God I didn't slam the door like I usually do, because I most certainly would have broken his feet. I'm taking him to the doctor tomorrow to have them looked at, but after talking to the nurse we're pretty sure it's just soft tissue injury. He doesn't seem to mind standing on his feet, but it obviously hurts to crawl because all evening he was trying to crawl and keep his feet off of the floor. I gave him some Tylenol before bed, so hopefully that will help. Man, do I feel like a dope!

In Slightly Better News- my former employer called today and offered me a part time job... I don't have all of the details yet, but evidently someone left but they don't want to hire a full time person right now. They're looking for some one to do 2-4 hours a day. I'm going to talk to hubby tonight to get his opinion, although I'm pretty sure he'll want me to take it... I think he's feeling a lot of pressure because he's the only one bringing in income.

No comments: