Sunday, April 30, 2006

More Odds & Ends

Friday we went to the zoo for Coralie's playgroup activity. I secretly wondered how it was going to work, staying together as a group, and as I feared everyone was promptly separated. I walked with one other mom for awhile but then lost her when I had to take Coralie to the bathroom. I think Coralie had a good time, but we didn't see everything. I had both kids and was by myself. After Coralie had gone to the bathroom and we couldn't find our friends, Keelan started to cry so I had to stop and give him a little snack. Well, in the process of getting the backpack carrier off I tore off a fingernail down into the nail bed. Let me tell you, THAT HURTS. Once we got going again, we ended up in the outdoor amphitheater area, where we sat in the shade, Coralie had a snack and Keelan slept in the carrier. It was so crowded, I was glad that I didn't take the stroller. I was surprised that when I first met up with the group at the entrance, I was the only one whose kid was walking. Everyone else had their stroller. I was thinkin like, 'yeah, the point is that I want my kid to get some exercise'. Plus I absolutely hate trying to navigate a crowded zoo with a stroller. We have one of these carriers. We always get a lot of comments/questions, like 'isn't it heavy?', 'it's huge!', 'how old does baby have to be to ride in it?', and 'how do you get the thing on if you're by yourself?' It always surprises me how many people don't choose this option... I think it's so much easier than pushing a stroller.

I went and visited a friend who had a baby a couple of months ago. I don't get to see her very often, so it was good to have a chat. We intended to do some crafts but ended up spending most of the time talking. I think we both felt better afterwards LOL.

I took Coralie with me today to the nursery to do some plant shopping, and look at some yard art. She helped me pick out some ground covers, and she picked out a cement chicken (LOL) to put in the backyard by the pond. Then we went to lunch and walked around the pond next to the restaurant and looked at the ducks.

Coralie Funny of the Day: 'Nosewax is YUCKY!'

No comments: