Monday, March 13, 2006

Too Much to Do

We spent a couple of days at the beach. Well, actually, more like a short drive from the beach. My in-laws have a 1970's vintage single wide trailer, pea green with hideous paneling and shag carpet, on one acre in rural Tillamook. It's not much to look at, but hey, it's free. We visited the Tillamook cheese factory (not much cheese being made on the weekend), went to a podunk fish hatchery (watched Coralie feed the baby salmon one.pellet.at.a.time...) and went for a walk on the beach, albeit a short one because it was windy and cold. I carried Keelan in the sling and wrapped a blanket around him, but his face was all red from the wind. So nice to get out of town.
We had some actual snow last week, so weird to have in March! We're at a pretty low elevation where we live, but other parts of town got a couple of inches. What little we got was enough to snap the supports on our rusty old metal gazebo. We're building a wood one next time.
I feel like I'm coming down with a cold... I really should be in bed but I have too much housework to do.

No comments: