Saturday, March 18, 2006

On the Mend

Whew! The past few days have been hellish, but I think she's on the mend. Having a range-roving, furniture-climbing, foreign-object eating baby on the loose also complicates things. Today, she seemed to be pretty much back to her freaky self, except for that godawful gooey hacking cough. Of course, after two nights of sleeping (well, not really sleeping) with me, she was not that excited about having to go back to her own bed. Despite the dehydration, snot, 104 degree fever, gooey cough, and sore throat, I'm still glad she did *not* have vomiting or diarrhea. Not that there would have been much to puke up, she didn't eat for a day and a half. I think we've watched the same two videos (The Wiggles 'Yummy Yummy', and Baby Einstein 'Meet the Orchestra') about 500 times over the last 3 days. I must say, it's pretty weird to see a 3 year old so still...

The H.H. Holmes documentary was interesting, except for the *dorkiest* re-enactments ever. Hee, the director said he borrowed some of the props from people he met on the internet. Now that's low budget! LOL Still, it was interesting to see what the guy was like, other than the fact that he killed people.
Now I am going to watch a documentary about the kindertransport.
We want to go see 'V for Vendetta', but since Coralie has been sick, I think we'll go next weekend. We don't want to leave her with the grandparents when she is sick. It's been a long time since I was so excited to see a movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god.. the flu? Poor baby! I hope she starts feeling better soon. Totally give her the tea and lot's of broth (if she'll take it). Oh and good news so far on Keelan's scan. I think you need a definite vacation when Coralie starts feeling better!