Sunday, March 19, 2006

Busy Brain

I have had a lot of thoughts swirling around my head today...

I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to start weaning my son. Not because I want to do it now, but I think that to have him weaned by the time he turns 1, I'm going to have to start fairly soon. I actually don't think that weaning him off of his day nursing will be that hard, he doesn't seem to have an issue with taking a bottle instead of a boob during the day, but hoo-wee is he attached to them boobs at night. I figured I'd probably start with the night feedings, those are going to be the hardest to deal with. I've been wondering if I should start by subbing a bottle for one of his feedings and see how he deals with it, and whether or not he continues to wake for that feeding if there's no boob offered.
I have mixed feelings about weaning... on the one hand, it will be nice to have my body back, and not have to worry about medications, alcohol, etc. Still, I have grown comfortable in our nursing relationship, and I will truly miss it.

I noticed today that Keelan is coughing more than usual... he always has a little cough going on because he has a little reflux, but this is more than usual. He had a little low-grade fever today, but he's teething too, so who knows what the fever is from. I might call the pediatrician tomorrow about the cough. Lord, please let my son not get the flu. I hope with the passive immunity he gets from breastfeeding that he can fight it off.

No comments: