Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Another Valentine's Day Down the Tubes

Another one come and gone... it's been somewhat of a crappy day. I remember last week hubby asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I just kinda shrugged and said 'I dunno'. So, what I got was a POUND of mediocre chocolates from See's and some roses. The roses were fine, but I've told him before that I don't like See's, and I'm going to the gym to get HEALTHY and hopefully LOSE WEIGHT. The other thing is, for reasons not fully understood by me, he bought Coralie her own box of candy (not a pound, thank goodness). What, did he think I was going to eat the whole pound myself?? Besides that, she doesn't get candy at home. What's funny is, he actually had to go out of his way to go to See's, because minutes from our house there is a Moonstruck chocolate store minutes from our house. I love Moonstruck chocolate. Actually, what I really wanted was *relief*. It would have been so nice if I could have gotten a little extra sleep to try to sleep off the headache I woke up with this morning, and some help with the kids when Keelan wouldn't take a nap and Coralie was being unpleasantly mischevious. Other than that I didn't really want anything else. You know, I cried a little, because I was so disappointed (in myself too) and I couldn't think of a way to tell him what I had really wanted.

I made, for the first time ever, salmon! I don't like it usually, but since I paid $10 for these savingdinner.com recipes, I am going to try them. It was actually pretty good. Coralie even ate some (with ketchup, of course).

No comments: