Monday, January 16, 2006

Peace! And mom stuff...

Both of the kiddies are sleeping... Keelan woke up while I was reading to Coralie, I went in & calmed him down, then went back to Coralie's reading. He woke again a short time later but by some miracle, put himself back to sleep. Please, let this pattern continue.
Coralie did so much better at her swim class today. She actually wore her swim goggles, and looked so hilariously cute. I hope she continues to make progress.
I've been having some cramps the past couple of days, I sincerely hope that this does not signal the return of The Monthly Visitor... I've been worrying that it means my milk supply is tanking. Hard to tell, because Keelans intake passed my output long ago, so he's getting a formula supplement. Plus, he's finally showing some interest in regular food. (YAY) I just can't believe he's 6 moths old already... I actually feel like I might be able to nurse him to 12 months, if he so chooses. Although, if he tries to self wean before then, I'm taking that opportunity because he's *so* attached to the boob that it will be better for everyone if he weans on his own terms. Serious boob man, he is. He has a checkup this week, which will, unfortunately, mean shots. :-(
Coralie has a checkup next month (shots for her too. Now THAT ought to be fun.) I have to make note to ask the doctor about her language... she talks (and talks, and talks...) but still speaks so much gibberish, like a baby, I don't know if that's normal. I know she's picking things up, I hear her say new things all the time, but the babbling... I don't know. Paranoia, probably.

2 comments:

Bella said...

How old is Coralie? I'd love to have Angie take swimming lessons. She will not go swimming without her life jacket.

haggardmom said...

Coralie just turned 3 in December. She's in a basic water safety class that is meant for kids that are afraid of the water. They focus on getting them to get in & put their face in & that kind of thing, though Coralie is not having any of that yet LOL.