Monday, November 16, 2009

Yum-O

Well, the wind is howling and the rain is pummeling the house. I am hopeful that the dying Arborvitae next to the driveway doesn't choose this day to fall on my car.

So, here was my special project for today:



There's a special secret about this cake:
It's vegan.

Well, it was, until I decided to put chocolate chips in it... anyway, it was so easy, between finishing the cooking of dinner and the serving of dinner, I was able to throw this together and shove it in the oven. Because I did a Bundt, I had to cook it way longer than what the recipe said. This seems to happen a lot... maybe it's my oven. So, you might also be interested to know that while it is not that high in fat (a 1/4 c of oil) it is *not* rubbery. That is my giant pet peeve about 'healthful' baking. Between fat and rubbery baked goods, I choose fat, thank you very much. It earned thumbs up from me and the kids. Yummy yum yum.

No comments: