Sunday, December 21, 2008

And Then, It Froze

Well it's a brisk 23 degrees. There is now a sheet of ice on top of the snow, which is about 4-6" deep. Makes for clumsy walking. We put the kiddies on the sled this morning and dragged them up to the grocery store to get a few things we were getting low on. Plus, my husband's employer gave us a coupon for a free ham (I guess vegans and vegetarians are out of luck...), which I am donating to the family Christmas dinner. I wanted to get out of the house and get my damn ham! :-)
Out of state relatives are having some trouble getting a plane here, because of the weather. It's not just bad here, it's bad in a lot of places and a lot of flights have been canceled. They made it to Chicago, but are now stuck there... :-(

Man, I gotta go finish my coffee... zzz...

No comments: