Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hello Sun!!

I've really been in a funk lately, but after two days of sun I'm feeling much improved. I have (grudgingly) reduced my caffeine intake, and have been feeling a little better. Not normal, but better. It also doesn't help that I gained a pound last week... time to lay off the peanut butter pretzels.
I've been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of housework that constantly needs to be done, complicated by the amount of *stuff* that we have. I've really been itching to lighten the load, but don't know where to begin. I did put out two bags of donations for a local company that does monthly pickups... it works out well, because I'm lazy. I've also been trying to ferret out a few things to donate each time I do laundry. Today I pulled out all of my granny cardigans and a dress that I like but I hate the fit. Still, we just have too much crap!

Work has been sucking ass a bit lately... everybody bitches, nobody leaves... the usual. Unfortunately, I don't think we're in a position right now where I could leave. My employer will be getting a whole new computer system in about 5 months, so hopefully that will get everyone on the same page, since we'll all be starting at the same point with the same rules.

Coralie has been obsessively watching Howl's Moving Castle. I thought it might be too intense for her (it's PG) but she *loves* it. We just have a Netflix copy right now, so I guess I'll have to buy it for her.

We're still (im)patiently waiting for our tax return... as soon as it arrives I'll be making an appointment to start working on getting one of my tattoos covered. I guess I've finally matured enough to realize that nice clothes and a big black tribal design and dragon tattoo on the upper arm are a tacky combination. I got this tattoo when I was 19, still wearing jeans and beer t-shirts to a manufacturing job, and had no idea what career path I might take. I was also not exactly in touch with my feminine side at that time. Now I'm 32, married with a couple of kids, and do like to look pretty from time to time. I don't really regret getting it; it was part of growing up and asserting myself. Things have just changed. I'll probalby get something more feminine- a hibiscus or lotus maybe. It depends on what the artist says. I have a lot of scarring from this one, so I don't know what's going to be feasible.

No comments: