Friday, September 8, 2006

Stupid Plant Story

I recently bought one of these at Home Depot. I've wanted one of these for years, but have never seen them for sale here (there is a reason for this, I now know). Yes. See that part about it being POISONOUS? Uh huh, didn't say anything about that on the tag when I bought it. Anyway, I got it home and found it a nice spot in the yard. I spent a good amount of effort chipping (yes, chipping) a hole in the hard-ass clay ground to plant it in. I amended the soil, planted it, mulched it and called it good. Then I happened to read the bottom of the tag where it says 'Grows in zones 9-10'. I'm in zone *8*. It can't tolerate cold below 32 degrees. (Although there seems to be mixed info on this.) So, now, I have to dig it up and put it in a pot so it can be relocated to the garage during the winter. I'm also going to have to keep it in the fenced part of the yard where the kids can't go, since it's POISONOUS. But I'm going to do it, dammit, because I paid $30 for that damn thing! Good grief...

No comments: