Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Addendum

Fava beans: a lot of work for very little reward.
Tasty but not tasty enough to justify the time consuming preparation... because after you take them out of the pod and cook them, they have to be peeled. Which doesn't seem like a big deal until you think about trying to prepare enough to feed more than one person.
So my advice (which I'll be taking next time LOL) is USE DRIED.
And of course my son didn't even like them... but after all the time it took to peel those damn beans I'm not wasting them. Heh, guess what'll be hiding in his dinner tomorrow?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But the question is... did you serve them with some liver and chianti? ;)

haggardmom said...

Heh, funny you should mention that because I couldn't get Anthony Hopkins saying that line out of my head while I was peeling those beans. :-)